Your Business and The Wall Street Journal news for Tuesday, May 17, 2022.
- McDonald’s told Putin and Russia “bye.” After 30 years in Russia, they have had enough. McDonald’s said “y’all are wrong for what you’re doing in Ukraine!”
- JetBlue was trying to be nice and buy Spirit Airlines but Frontier Airlines said “nah, Playah! We were here first.” Jet Blue is getting “hostile” and going directly to Spirit shareholders!
- The FDA is going to allow foreign countries to send their baby formula over since we have a shortage. Hmmm….
- The US surpassed 1 million COVID-19 deaths. Mostly men between 55 and 84 and Black people.
- California tried to create a law mandating that corporate boards have a woman in its ranks. A woman judge in LA said “that’s unconstitutional. Sorry.”
- The CEO of Microsoft promised to increase salaries. They plan to double global budget for merit-based increases.
- Marriott Hotels is partnering with Yahoo Entertainment to use customer data to sell ads. The “Marriott Media Network” about make dough off your personal info.
That’s all! If you like these posts, please like/share! Be sure to check my website for updates!